NJ Infant/Toddler Credential
The Coalition of Infant/Toddler Educators and Professional Impact NJ are joining together to proudly introduce:
The New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential
New Jersey has a deep commitment to providing quality child care for the state’s infants and toddlers by providing programs that support strong nurturing relationships, cultural competencies and diverse learning styles and needs. The key to quality is the teachers who care for and teach children and families everyday. The Coalition of Infant/Toddler Educators has joined in a partnership with Professional Impact NJ to launch the New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential to enhance the knowledge, skills and practice of infant/toddler professionals and para-professionals in center based and family child care programs.
The New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential can be earned by applying to Professional Impact NJ and submitting:
1. Transcripts and/or documentation of clock hours of training:
- 9 College credits related to Key Indicators or
- 120 approved non-credit training hours related to Key Indicators or
- Infant/Toddler CDA or
- BA or AA in early childhood education, child development, human development or related field.
2. Transcripts of the completion of 2 college courses (3 credits each): Social & Emotional Development: Infant Mental Health for Practitioners and Supervised Field Work in Infant and Toddler Settings.
3. Portfolio demonstrating how knowledge is applied to program implementation.
4. Documentation of appropriate work experience. (Minimum of 6 months with children under three years of age)
5. Advisor’s feedback on observation and field experience.
6. Two letters of recommendation: One from a parent in program and one from a supervisor. Family child care providers submit two letters from parents.
7. Reflective personal essay and statement of commitment.
Find out why the New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential is important to your care giving practice and to your career, how you can earn the credential, where you can find support resources, and available financial assistance.
Call Professional Impact NJ at 908-737-4240 or visit their website at www.pinj.org.