Calling all Center-based and Family Child Care Educators, Directors and advocates, please help us find this year’s recipient for our June Handler Award among New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credentialed Educators:
Please nominate a Credentialed Educator in your program currently using their Infant Mental Health knowledge and leadership skills to raise quality in child care through their work.
View past June Handler Award Recipients
The June Handler Award criteria for nominations is as follows:
- Candidate must work in an accredited child care center or accredited family child care home.
- Candidate must have worked in the field for five years with at least three years in the same facility working directly with infants and toddlers.
- Candidate must have earned the New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential and its status must be active.
- Candidate must be an active member of CITE.
- Candidate must have pursued post Credential professional development in infant/ toddler topics.
- Candidate must demonstrate/advocacy for infants and toddlers.
- Candidate must demonstrate leadership qualities in her/his employment setting, in an early care and education association, or in the community (relating to infants and toddlers).
- Candidate must demonstrate dedication to the development and promotion of best practices in early care and education.
CITE Statewide Board Members (June 1, 2022 thru May 31, 2023) We are seeking a Treasurer, a 1st Vice President, as well as Members-at-large. If you are a CITE member, or would like to become one soon, please review the roles and responsibilities for each position in our Bylaws.
Board members are elected at our CITE Conference. Please share your nominations in advance or nominate yourself during our conference on May 14th, 2022.
Let us know if you have interest! You may nominate yourself or recommend someone here.
Thank you for your interest!
Someone from the board will contact you to answer any questions.
LIVE Zoom workshop for anyone looking to learn more about either with a professional lactation consultant. Will also be hosted in person. Nov 3 & Nov 10, 11:30 am till 12:30 pm.