The Coalition of Infant/Toddler Educators and Professional Impact NJ
have joined together to proudly promote:
The New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential
New Jersey has a deep commitment to providing quality child care for the state’s infants and toddlers by providing programs that support strong nurturing relationships, cultural competencies and diverse learning styles and needs. The key to quality is the teachers who care for and teach children and families everyday.
The Coalition of Infant/Toddler Educators has joined in a partnership with Professional Impact NJ to launch the New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential to enhance the knowledge, skills and practice of infant/toddler professionals and para-professionals in center-based and family child care programs.
The New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential can be earned by applying to Professional Impact NJ and submitting:
1. Transcripts and/or documentation of clock hours of training:
- 9 College credits related to Key Indicators or
- 120 approved non-credit training hours related to Key Indicators or
- Infant/Toddler CDA or
- BA or AA in early childhood education, child development, human development or related field.
2. Transcripts of the completion of 2 college courses (3 credits each): Social & Emotional Development: Infant Mental Health for Practitioners and Supervised Field Work in Infant and Toddler Settings.
3. Portfolio demonstrating how knowledge is applied to program implementation.
4. Documentation of appropriate work experience. (Minimum of 6 months with children under three years of age)
5. Advisor’s feedback on observation and field experience.
6. Two letters of recommendation: One from a parent in a program and one from a supervisor. Family child care providers submit two letters from parents.
7. Reflective personal essay and statement of commitment.
View or download a copy of the Technical Assistance Manual for the New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential here.
Find out why the New Jersey Infant/Toddler Credential is important to your caregiving practice and to your career, how you can earn the credential, where you can find support resources and available financial assistance.
Call Professional Impact NJ at 908-737-4240 or visit their website at www.pinj.org.
NEWS ABOUT THE CREDENTIAL
Did you know that as of February 2015 over 100 infant/toddler “educarers” (teacher/caregivers) have been awarded the New Jersey Infant Toddler Credential? In fact, according to Professional Impact New Jersey (PINJ), 115 educarers have completed the work which includes 6 hours of college credit that emphasizes infant toddler development; specifically social and emotional development. These successful professionals also completed personal essays, portfolios of their work experience and made a commitment to the field of infant/toddler caregiving. Congratulations to all who have completed the credential.
Did you know that 60% of the credentialed educarers are from Essex, Hudson, Passaic or Bergen counties? Passaic County Community College is currently offering the coursework for earning the credential. There is a class currently now. WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? Earning the credential raises your career level in the PINJ registry, increases your knowledge of infants and toddlers and strengthens your commitment to being professional.
For more information please contact:
Georgina Criado-Hall, MA
Director of Credentialing
Professional Impact NJ
1000 Morris Avenue 300 Willis Hall
Union, NJ 07083
Tel # 908-737-4226 Fax # 908-737-4225